SHINRIN-YOKU AND THE WANDER SOCIETY

4:39:00 PM


                                                             

When was the last time you stop looking at your phone and started listening to your heartbeat, 
looking to the shape of your hands and the unbelievable touch of your soft fingers? 

The history behind your palms is your own journal: the love, the care, the work, 
the pleasures; if you look at them and let yourself  remember all the beautiful 
things you have done together,
you will hug yourself with astonishment of how good and comforting it feels,
they have been there for you to hold your head when you were worried, 
dry your tears when you were sad, touch your loved ones, prepare your food. 

Eastern and ancient medical models have been based in energy
for thousand years, and used the hands for self- healing, and heal others,
a very simple technique used in yoga is to rub your hands in front 
of you for 30-60 seconds with a deep smile of gratitude to your self 
and put them in front of your eyes to feel the warmth, 
the hands connecting with their partners.

In yoga, we use our hands  to create different “ mudras “ 
(seal or closure in Sanskrit)and direct the energy to different parts of our body,
different areas of the hands are connected with areas in the body and the brain.
And each of the five fingers is represented by one of the five elements of the universe. 
So when we place our hands in yoga mudras,
we stimulate different areas of the brain and create specific energy circuit in the body.
By doing this, we help generate a specific state of mind

Such a beautiful experience, such a joy to be able of self- healing.

I love to let my imagination flow with the shapes of nature, the colors,
the smells, and the deep teachings of the cycle of life.

When was the last time you stepped out of your car and let your soul wander? 
For 28 years I didn’t know how to drive, consequently never had a car, I wandered,
I jumped into buses without knowing where they were going or when they were coming back,
I just wanted to be part of that experience of going to places and have no expectations, 
getting lost and find the center in myself and the beauty in every sound outside of me.

Solvitur Ambulando: It is solved by walking 

The sole of my feet are a precious treasure to me, 
we have walked together for many years, taking me to the most exotic countries
and the most beautiful beaches.

I have had the luxury opportunity couple of weeks ago to spend two weeks in the green
area of Humboldt, the Lost Coast of California, 
and my soul was instantly captivated by the immense beauty and energy of the Redwoods.

wander: verb, to walk/ explore /amble in an unplanned or 
               aimless way with a complete openness to the unknown.
Wandering  in the Redwoods without expectations 
other than observe and learn from the forest, 
loving the sound of the tops of the sequoias clashing with  the wind,
you can’t see them  moving at the bottoms but the tops are dancing
with the strong wind of the bay, and they dance and dance and play
a percussion swing that resonates with the birds and the shadows
and lights of the forest. 

If you breathe into those shapes, the mud, the green, the wind,
the wildflowers and the astonishing sounds of the forest
you are elevating your self to the spirits of the nature per se.

This is the healing way of Shinrin-yoku Forest Therapy,
 the medicine of simply being in the forest. 
Shinrin-yoku is a term that means "taking in the forest atmosphere" or "forest bathing." 

It was developed in Japan during the 1980s and has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in the  Japanese medicine,

Slow down, relax, breath, listen, touch, feel, heal.

Hug a tree, Redwoods are warm and cozy, and they speak in a very wise and soft vibration.  

“ I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun
I effuse my flesh in eddies and drift it in lacy jags 

I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your boots -soles.

You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,
And filter and fiber your blood.

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you. “   Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments